Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove Error F1116-004-01?

glennejohnsonsr
Level 1
IRS rejection TR F1116 Schedule B has a "non zero" value and a PDF attachement is required?
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

Can you spell out the entire message?  A quick search shows that the IRS has a rejection code with 02 but not 01.  Without knowing what the message says exactly, it's a bit hard to diagnose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to attach the 1116B as a PDF, and be sure to choose the "type" of attachment as 1116, dont use Other or it will bounce back again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

You need to attach the 1116B as a PDF, and be sure to choose the "type" of attachment as 1116, dont use Other or it will bounce back again.

@Just-Lisa-Now- But that's the code for 02, not 01, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont know that the 01 or 02 means, all these people with a 1116 rejection have been able to fix it by attaching the pdf and choosing the 1116 as the attachment type.

0 Cheers
Jhoebo
Level 1

I have the same rejection message.  I understand attaching the SchB as a PDF. Does anything else have to be done with the return besides attaching the PDF?  Do any forms need to be removed from the return?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Nope, just attach the PDF.     You have to make sure you choose the 1116 in the drop down menu for TYPE of attachment, if you choose Other, it will continue to reject.

0 Cheers