Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mo rejecting, says not a valid fed return attached

taxesbymetjr
Level 3

Since Thurs  Mar 25th all my Mo tax returns are rejected saying " not a valid Fed return attached to this submission.  The Fed was accepted.  Did update this Fri AM.  same thing...Help Pro Series

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: The e-file reject you were receiving stating, "There was not a valid federal return attached to this submission" has been resolved. You should now be able to re-file any rejected returns. Thank you for your patience as we worked through this. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
dlcoatscpa
Level 3

I have the same problem.  I will be calling ProSeries in awhile to find out what they are doing to fix the problem.

copey13
Level 1

Same problem, but it's not just Missouri.  I've filed two other states as well and same message. 

cindyenfield
Level 2

Same problem here with Illinois. Obviously a Proseries error. I get a bunch of server busy messages and problems transmitting that 21 is not much better than 2020. Using a brand new computer with Win 11 and upgraded internet.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi   @IntuitZacharyG   can one of you jump in on this?  Sounds like a widespread issue.

This community board is having some issues as well....suuuuper slow to load!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

We are aware of the issue and our developers are currently investigating.  Here is the News & Updates post to follow as we find out more: "Federal Return Not Valid" rejection in ProSeries 

Thanks!

-Betty Jo 

a-darrow-cpa
Level 1

I am having same issue with Oregon.  Started yesterday March 24th.  

0 Cheers

Has anyone had an IL return with just a 1099R OR with just a 1099SSA get accepted by IL since the last ProSeries update?  I only sent one return since the update and it had both those forms and the IL return rejected.

cindyenfield
Level 2

Nope, returns with pension income and EIC rejected by IL, as no copy of the federal was sent with the return. I am afraid to send any more until it is fixed. Really ticked at Intuit.

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: The e-file reject you were receiving stating, "There was not a valid federal return attached to this submission" has been resolved. You should now be able to re-file any rejected returns. Thank you for your patience as we worked through this. 

0 Cheers

Congratulations!  You are the newest member in the "really ticked off" club!

I am going to send the reject return again and see if it really is fixed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But that's a really big club and pretty much every Intuit customer is eligible for membership 😬

Slava Ukraini!
CAH
Level 1

THIS IS FRUSTRATING...I am getting rejects from my Missouri state returns, stating an invalid Federal was filed with it...Federal was accepted...just did another check of any updates and there were none...This is not good...we are down to the last 3 weeks and Pro Series is screwed up again... This is the worst year for screw ups..been with u all since 1992 and it seems to be more issues every year...This  one is one of the worst...We wait forever for forms to be finalized and that problem resolves and we get another bad issue...PLease help and fast ...like tomorrow or sooner...sure would be nice to hear from someone that they recognize there is a severe issue going on...started when 8915 came available... but none of my rejects even had that form in the return...so help us please

0 Cheers
CAH
Level 1

mines not...still getting rejection from Missouri

0 Cheers
CAH
Level 1

it hasnt resolved

0 Cheers
CAH
Level 1

i just efiled a rejected one, and it usually takes Mo  forever to accept...we will see

0 Cheers
jeffg
Level 1

I have still having an issue getting a MO return filed because a Fed one is not attached.

Please help.

0 Cheers
dlcoatscpa
Level 3

The software issue has been resolved.  Are you trying to file only a Missouri (and not a Federal)?  If so, you will receive an error.  Missouri piggybacks on the Federal return, so you must file a Federal also.

0 Cheers