Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Schedule A Line 16 Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions Worksheet to print this year every time is has info in it? Thank you.

d-erese
Level 2
I usually just go to Print Options and select "if any data" or the other option on Misc Deductions for State of CA and Federal, but this year it is not working. I have had to print it manually everytime it has data on it.
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You sure its not included at the end of the CA return?  it wont print with federal if its not being used on the federal.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Donna425
Level 2

Hello,

No it is not printing there either, it usually does, but the only thing coming out is another Schedule A, not the worksheet. I know it says "Keep for your records", but sometimes the IRS wants this form with the filing.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 540 Form CA does show the breakdown of the misc. itemized deductions though, doesnt it?  I have so few that have enough to use it, I havent really dissected it too much, but I know the Form CA does have something about them on the last page of it.

If it doesnt print with the "filing copy", then its not really "required".

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Did you use the Fed Sch A to input the deductions? If they are allowed by the State they transfer automatically even if Fed doesn't qualify. If they didn't transfer and the State allows the deduction then you have no choice but to input the information manually on the State return. 

If it shows on the State return what is the purpose of printing the worksheet.  The client should keep his/her documents used to prepare return with his copy of the return.

If this is for the client, the IRS only requires you provide the client with a copy of the forms that were filed.

0 Cheers