Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find the Preparer Tax ID # (PTIN) if it didn't transfer from last year.

LN1
Level 1

Need to add a preparer to the 2022 software that has signed in the past but is not currently in this year or last years software.  Trying to see where I can find the PTIN?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
dkh
Level 15

Curious to know why the preparer doesn't know their PTIN ?    A very important number if you're preparing taxes professionally - hard to imagine they would forget.  

LN1
Level 1

It's a holiday and I'm trying to get the 990 wrapped up.  I'm sure they know their PTIN, I just don't know it and it didn't transfer over from last years program.  Thank you for your response.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@LN1 I just found that link today.. i looked for myself. My name came up but it did not show my PTIN.  I know it of course but was expecting the results to show my PTIN. 

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio I do not think they are allowed to publish our actual PIN numbers. It is suppose to be confidential, that is one of reasons that it replaced our social security number.

ljr
Level 8

Why don't you just open the prior year return and look at the PTIN number from there?