Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grace Periods for Retransmission of Rejected E-Filed Returns

Hello,

I have been reading all IRS material I could find about grace periods for the retransmission of rejected e-filed returns. All I could find was about the Perfection Period for businesses, on publication 4163 (REV. 12-2022) which gives a grace period of 10 days for business forms. However, I could not find anything about the grace period for individual tax returns on the IRS, despite having found several websites mentioning the grace period of 5 days for individuals. It was curious to find 2 websites that mentioned that this rule would apply if the rejection was received the day after to the deadline. All other resources mentioned the 5-day grace but no rules associated with it. Has anyone had any sort of experience with situations like that or have a trustworthy resource to provide to me? Thank you very much!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

5 day grace for individuals, I dont have a cite/link to the rule, I just know thats been the rule for as long as EFiling has been around.

Either you can fix it or you cant, dont beat a dead horse, if its not going to happen, just get it in the mail.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15