Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning. I am having an error message with Schedule C, line 26.

Brafi
Level 1

I have not been able to submit a lot of my business clients because schedule C , line 26 on pro series is not updated yet. It keeps giving an error message., saying they will be updating it . Every time I check the error message the date keeps changing to a later date. Please help! Can someone please let me know if they have a solution to this problem. Thank you

Brafi Adomako Jr

Eaglet 2000 LLC

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6

This isn't customer service.  We here can speculate but cannot give you a definitive answer.  Your best bet is to call customer service.  Not saying you will get an answer.  But at least you will be asking in the right place.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't tried it personally, but it has been suggested that if you don't have any of the work related credits to go ahead and e-file but disable error checking when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

This is what I did when I had a Schedule C with wages:

• said.. hmm.. error message... not good
  • analyzed the situation
  • said to myself.. this is not a QBI high income return
  • went to other expense lines and typed WAGES and the amount
  • efiled return
  • moved on to next client
  • saw IRS acceptance come in on the return

The End

Brainstrom
Level 4

That is also what I did. The date kept pushing back, so I put Wages in the other expenses and sent in the return.

0 Cheers
Brafi
Level 1

Hi Thank you so much. So where do I go again? You said you entered  in " other expense lines...where is that? Is that also on schedule C? Which line is that?

0 Cheers
Brainstrom
Level 4

Yes, go to the Schedule C, line 16 (b). Enter Wages and the amount

0 Cheers