Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA Depreciation Adjustment

Futch2010
Level 3

For GA Form 600-S, directions state to add back the Federal Depreciation Adjustment and then compute GA depreciation and this amount should be subtracted on the return. Why doesn't ProSeries do this computation?  And does anyone know how to compute the GA depreciation, as this amount is apparently different than the Federal amount.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you scroll down the asset entry worksheet you should find the state section.   Oh, youre using Basic, Im not sure what it offers, but scroll down the asset entry worksheet for that asset, see if theres a state section.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Futch2010
Level 3

There is a state depreciation amount on the Asset Entry Worksheet for GA.  Should I use those figures for the GA depreciation amounts that should be subtracted from the GA return?  If so, do you know why these amounts aren't included in the GA return like it should be?

0 Cheers
Futch2010
Level 3

I have looked at those figures on the Asset Entry Worksheet and those state amounts total the same Federal Depreciation amounts, and I know that they should be different.  Any help here would be great.

0 Cheers