Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 990 - tax period.

TrumpJ
Level 3

Error Detail:

I have filed this Form 990 for numerous years. The NFP has a year end of September.  I received an error when I transmitted the tax return last week - and I'm receiving an error that the tax period does not match the IRS records.  error:  "The IRS's records have a different tax period end for this return.  . . . .If this is full year return, adjust the tax year end in the Federal Information Worksheet.  Please let me know if you have seen the errors noted below - and any advice before I request a Form 2848 - and contact the IRS.  Thank you.

According to the ProSeries Rejections:

Error Detail:

If "Final return/terminated" checkbox is not checked or "Initial return" checkbox is not checked, then in the Return Header, the tax period ending date must match data in the e- file database.

Error Resolution:

The IRS's records have a different tax period end for this return. If this is other than a full year return, indicate 'Short Year', 'Initial Return', or 'Final Return' as appropriate. If this is a full year return, adjust the tax year end in the Federal Information Worksheet.

Joan

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
sjrcpa
Level 15

You'll need to contact IRS eservices. Somehow IRS changed the year end in their database.

I've had it happen a couple of times with 990s.

Ex-AllStar