Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915f

Today I did my first 8915f using the 8915e. 
My client had regular pension distributions in 2021. 
The program is carrying the 1/3 distribution correctly but the normal 2021 pension amount is being blocked out on the 1040 line 5b. The only amount showing on line 5b of the 1040 is the 1/3 distribution. Called customer support and they had no idea. 
I tried another client, same problem. The tax returns are incorrect so be careful!

Anyone else figure a way around this?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think youre entering the 8915E wrong...I was seeing the same thing you were, and I was doing it wrong!

Put your total Covid dist up top in the smart worksheet, then scroll down to Line 12 and input the payment amount from 2020 (1/3 of the total)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
qbteachmt
Level 15

4b vs 5b?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ohhhhh  youre right.  I just tested it on a dummy file.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Could you just override?

0 Cheers

Yes but the you get the error messages and not sure it will E-file with the error message saying do not override. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think youre entering the 8915E wrong...I was seeing the same thing you were, and I was doing it wrong!

Put your total Covid dist up top in the smart worksheet, then scroll down to Line 12 and input the payment amount from 2020 (1/3 of the total)

That did work, thank you!!

kaseyCPA
Level 3

Absolutely not - 

The 8915-e is pre-fed with the last 1/3 of the Covid 1099 distribution. It just isn't flowing onto 5b- 

So where do I force that in?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

8915E should flow to the 8915F...8915F flows to the front of the 1040.....what do you see on the 8915F?

0 Cheers