Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915F

rcooley25
Level 11

Some people are sick and tired of  reading about this from me but I am also tired of talking about it but why the heck does drake have this form in their software and proseries does not?

22 Comments 22
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because Drake is a crappier functioning  program but they do a better job of listening to their customers and try to make them happy.  

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Then I guess it still comes back to something you told me before. The name of the game is patience.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup - but Intuit does like to test our patience on a regular basis.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

And testing it they are.

PATAX
Level 15

In my opinion it appears Drake software seems to have the forms ready earlier. They also have a good customer service department from what I have heard. But in my opinion it is not as user-friendly as Pro Series, i.e. it is not as easy to navigate as Pro Series, and takes a while longer to learn than Pro Series. But all of this is just my opinion.

rcooley25
Level 11

That seems to be the opinion of many other preparer. As irritated as we all are right now when push comes to shove I think we wil all stary with proseries. We dont want to trade one headache for another headache.

dascpa
Level 11

I went to a Drake seminar.  Theirs is an input form program where ProSeries is a tax form input program.  I did input forms back in the early 80's where we would fill out forms, ship them to Dallas, Tx or Virginia.  Get the return back, re-ship them down for corrections and adjustments.*  Computax and some others I cannot remember.  I hate waiting but wait I will because I prefer this type of input.

* And ADP picked up our coded check stubs every day and dropped them off the next with a general ledger.  Then we got our first business computer - a 33 pound portable Compaq so we could do our own general ledgers.  Cost $10,000 and was slow as anything.  Got a hernia from carrying it around.  Ah the good old days........

IRonMaN
Level 15

I remember the good old days of sending data out to be keypunched in.  The only good thing about it was, one of the guys that worked for our firm had his wife working for the keypunch place.  Supposedly, she would look for our batches to throw on top of the pile for processing. 

As far as those portable Compaq computers go, we had one that we would take out for audit field work.  It was the biggest pain in the neck to haul around, but we were "cutting edge" and able to "impress" our clients with our technology.  I'm glad I don't have to work with one now ---------- I don't think I would be able to see anything on the screen at my age.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I am happy that worked for you but it sure doesnot seem to be for me.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍Iron Man you sure hit the nail about "impressing".... A lot of people put that "front on", with those nice expensive suits, and all those nice fancy gadgets, but in reality do they know their butt from a hole in the wall? Just asking and just joking😉😄

dascpa
Level 11

You have two choices - accept and wait or switch software.  None of us "like" the delays but in the last few years, and with the daily tax form changes it's become reality.

lmtax
Level 3

Not just Drake but even the at-home TurboTax version already have it ready!
After patiently putting up with Proseries for 28 years, I think it's time to move onto another software after this tax season.

rcooley25
Level 11

What happen to wanting to be a lion tamer?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I found out they were really big and had fangs and roared really loud.  Loud noises tend to make me nervous.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

You must be upset then with some of the loud noises I made over the last few days.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Not really --------- my hearing isn't as good as it used to be. 👂

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Huh

PATAX
Level 15

@lmtax is that the word, that you heard, about the turd? [TurboTaxxx🥔]... just joking..😉

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Intuit needs to acquire Drake Software so that the Drake Software users can learn how to be patient too.

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Those Compaq "laptops" were a beast of a PC. But you have to admit, if someone saw you with one you looked really cool Nevermind it weighed 50 lbs.

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Some clients make me nervous too when they snarl at me.

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Classic

0 Cheers