Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915 F for 2021 Coronavirus Information

Anglis
Level 3

Hello,

Has anyone generated the second year taxable income related to the 1099R Coronavirus distribution that was made in 2020.

I have tried to enter information on form 1099R and scrolled down to bottom to check boxes for 2020 coronavirus related disaster and it is not generating the information needed to be taxable.

Is this form 8915F going to be available anytime soon? Or has anyone done this yet? Please suggest or guide me on how to generate this correctly in return. I am not understanding why we have to enter another 1099R when was one was not generated for the distribution made in 2020 on a 3 year choice.

Thank you,

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

MANY have asked about this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuati...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its still in Draft at IRS.   Intuit has a tentative date of 3/17 for it to be final, hopefully we get a draft version as a placeholder before then!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I am not understanding why we have to enter another 1099R"

People are using that to get the projection of the tax to the 1040. You won't be entering it as a 1099-R for 2021, for real. I would expect it to show in the worksheet, though.

The iRS still has the form in Draft, so until the IRS releases it, there is not much anyone else can do. The -F doesn't even show in the Released list; the -B, -C and -D all have Sept 2021 updates not yet released for the tax year. People just don't notice that the other Dashes are not finalized, either. The -F is not the only form not ready.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
rcooley25
Level 11

Here is what I am planning on doing if form 8915F  is not ready on March 17th. On the 1099r enter the total amount receive     and the taxable amount as the one third amount. Fore a code mark it code 2 so no penalty is computed and that will give you the answer you are looking for on the federal 1040. Now what efffect this will have on your state return will be another matter depending on what state you are filing. I would feel more comfortable if form 8915F was available by 3/17/21 so we will not have to do this.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@rcooley25 wrote:

Here is what I am planning on doing if form 8915F  is not ready on March 17th. On the 1099r enter the total amount receive     and the taxable amount as the one third amount. Fore a code mark it code 2 so no penalty is computed and that will give you the answer you are looking for on the federal 1040. Now what efffect this will have on your state return will be another matter depending on what state you are filing. I would feel more comfortable if form 8915F was available by 3/17/21 so we will not have to do this.

You wont file it as such, will you?

rcooley25
Level 11

Lets put it this way. I hope that I dont have to but by 3/17/22 if that form is not ready what choice do we have? As said before I hope it does not come to that.

0 Cheers