Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8814 for 2021 tax year NEEDED NOW!

907taxes
Level 2

I live in Alaska and all our children must file Form 8814 for parent reporting child's income since they received an Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend of $1114.  Some will have to file Form 8615.   ProSeries says the Form 8814 isn't available until March 17th which is ridiculous since IRS has already released the form and other companies and software programs are allowing efile (H&R Block, Drake).  What can we do to get this updated in ProSeries.  I would hate to have to find another software program to work with since I've been with ProSeries for so many years.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on the number of forms shooting for a ready date of 3/17, I think Intuit must have received a bogus memo from the IRS saying tax season doesn't start until 3/17 this year.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Or somebody at Intuit missed an important deadline submitting forms to IRS for approval and we're suffering for it

IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone from the Deadline Team, fumbled again.  I've always said, Intuit has some great quarterbacks as evidenced by how good they are at passing things to another team.  However, they don't have a decent receiver on the team and their running backs can't hold on to the ball if their life depended on it.

Slava Ukraini!
907taxes
Level 2

I'd laugh if the issue wasn't so serious!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep yourself from crying.

Slava Ukraini!
MWETHINGTON1
Level 1

I am also having the same issue.  I am a tax preparer doing returns in Alaska.  I called ProSeries to request for it to be escalated.  However, the person who helped me did not seem to be hopeful about anyone being able to help us.

IRonMaN
Level 15

In my humble opinion, I think you are screwed.  They have been pressured to get other forms expedited this year and I'm guessing that one isn't going to get top priority.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
CLG
Level 1

I agree this is totally ridiculous.  The work around I am using is to file the kids their own returns.  More time on us but at least doable.  Good luck with your year. And now it actually says March 31.

0 Cheers
NTHartley
Level 3

Hi! Have you made contact with ProSeries Customer Service or found another way around this yet? I have one call in and ready to make more. This is embarrassingly frustrating!

*I see that someone has made a call, but hoping everyone is calling that is being impacted by this, along with other forms that are not approved that should be. Every other tax software seems to be keeping up with the form updates.

ehartleycpa
Level 2

I called customer support about the Form 8814 this morning. The person I spoke with was very kind but had no additional information on this and I am supposed to be getting a call back from a "supervisor".

The IRS website shows that the 2021 Form 8814 HAS been finalized and the form appears to have been finalized in Lacerte on January 19, 2022 according to https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/. Given that Lacerte is also an Intuit product, why would it be available on that platform but not in ProSeries??

Feeling like a 2nd class citizen (or 3rd if I make the assumption that Turbo Tax has the finalized form as well). This software is not cheap by any means!

ehartleycpa
Level 2

Hey Ironman! Lacerte (aka also Intuit) shows that the Form 8915F was finalized and released on 2/7/22...https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/. Meanwhile, downstairs in the basement, ProSeries is showing the Form 8915F as Final on 03/31/2022, EF on 03/31/2022 at https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks, but I already knew the status for both.  I don't personally need the form but I have a new friend in IL this year that really does need it and I'm just trying to give him a hand.

Slava Ukraini!
jesusbowls
Level 2

Good tip on the workaround, thanks.  This is very do-able for me as I only have a handful of impacted clients.  I'm glad I don't have a lot of clients in Alaska with dependent children, though!

Poor job by Proseries on a relatively basic form.

GISTechRep
Level 1

Intuit just delayed the form from 3/17 to 3/18!!  WHAT?!!  When I attempted to file in Feb, TurboTax would not allow me to file electronically until the form was available ON MARCH 31st!!  I log-on on 3/17 to file and get the news that I can't file until 3/18!!  UNACCEPTABLE INTUIT.  You can either not charge me to file electronically, or, well FU.  This decades-long customer of yours is done with you!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Hi @GISTechRep 

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

So saying FU to us really isn't necessary as 1) we have no control over our professional software 2) no control over Turdddddooooo Tax either.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"