Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits should autofill the current address after checking box 7a &/or 17a

TaxService USA
Level 2

Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits should autofill address after checking box 7a &/or 17a and then have the ability to change it if a different address was the main home instead of the current address, thanks.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
BobKamman
Level 15

You have to remember that IRS must approve the software, and its concern is your accuracy, not your convenience.  I'm not sure this particular (missing) feature is attributable to an IRS requirement, but that's a good place to start.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The software isn't ready for filing yet, many updates to come, be patient.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh wait, I think I remember what part you're referring to, every year its like that, it doesn't auto fill the address...I don't think you'll see that change. 

I agree with you, why wouldn't it automatically grab the address on the tax return then let you change it if that's just a mailing address, I'm guessing because people are lazy and may not take the time to verify that the address that autofill's is the correct physical address of where the solar was installed.   

Thankfully, the % of clients that install solar each year is relatively low, and the credit is a nice hefty chunk, so you don't have to be shy about charging extra for your time to complete the form, so were not having to waste too many extra keystrokes for free!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers