Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695 line 18-20

Nteem
Level 1

Is the Proseries has problem with form 5695?

I can not enter the amount on line 18-20. I enter the $ on the smart worksheet but it did not go to line 18a-20b.

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
Camp1040
Level 10

Make sure you are answering the check box questions and entering the address of the property. I completed a 5695 a few minutes ago and it worked fine.

0 Cheers
Nteem
Level 1

I did answer and entered the address, but still doesn't get a credit.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm sure you did this already but close the program and update the software from the start menu, if that doesn't solve your issue try rebooting your computer after updating.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Be sure youve updated recently.  You might need to delete that 5695 form and start a new one fresh, there was an update last week that made some changes to the form, so if you started this return a week ago and are just now finishing it up, deleting that 5695 might be needed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Nteem
Level 1

Other credit lines are working.

But line 18-20 are still not showing the credit.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you enter an address at the very top of the form?  Then check the boxes that light up pink?

Works for me just fine.

There was an update late last week that made some changes to the form, make sure youre updated.  If you had the form active prior to the update, you may have to delete the form and start over from scratch.

0 Cheers
Nteem
Level 1

Yes, I updated the program.

I did delete the form and re-entered again. The address on the top was entered. I did what you mentioned.

The Credit for the Window/door was not show up. The part II where the answer YES, I did click them.

0 Cheers
Nteem
Level 1

Still not working even updating the program. I use the professional one. Just talk to Intuit on the phone. Not helping, even I did screen sharing with him.  I told him, it is the problem with the program.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Nteem wrote:

Still not working even updating the program. I use the professional one. Just talk to Intuit on the phone. Not helping, even I did screen sharing with him.  I told him, it is the problem with the program.

Are lines 17a, b and c all "yes"?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I haven't had any issues, the boxes all light up now that need to be checked (even ones that seem like they shouldnt need to be checked).

Youre putting the home address at the very top of the form, right?

0 Cheers
Nteem
Level 1

Yes. That's why I think its the program problem.

Other energy credits has no problem. Only Door, Window, air sealing.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It works for me.

I suggest "Repair Updates".   Delete the 5695 and re-enter it.  Double check that all three questions for line 17 are "yes".

ljr
Level 8

you need to answer questions in the other section from which you are working to get it to calculate. I don't know why - it was the only way I got it to work 

0 Cheers