Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client lives in NYC-but does not work for NYC! The program keeps asking me to fill out NYC 1127 and shows an "error" for NYC!

lbaum1
Level 1

I can't seem to get rid of this "error" that shows up on

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

If he works for some agencies ie police, he might have to pay NYC taxes via 1127.  A lot depends on when he started working.  Is there a separate 1127 W-2 with withholding?

0 Cheers
lbaum1
Level 1

The client has never worked for NYC government! She works as a clerk in a eyeglass store! I tried calling ProSeries Help Desk. No help.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

the program does not prompt for 1127 on its own. (I know I do a stack of 1127's) so you must have checked something off. On the info worksheet screen (federal) did you pick nyc and not nys?

on the state info screen did you check off anything related to 1127? on the state info did you check off full year nyc resident?

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

On the federal info wkst check your elections for state e-file. I think there’s a drop down for NYC 1127 that you don’t want to select. Otherwise remove the NYC return and make a new one

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround