Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695 Amounts not flowing through to 1040 Line 20

Jtax LLC
Level 3

Hello, the Form 5695 Residential Energy Credit is not flowing through to the 1040 Line 20. Is anyone else having this issue? I know the form 5695 is not fileable until 2/7/2024 but it should still be flowing through to the front of 1040. Can anyone give me any advice on this? Is it a known issue?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That form isnt scheduled to be final until the 7th of February, Im guessing they just dont have it up and running properly yet. 

Personally, I wouldnt hold my breath for the 7th, lots of changes with the energy credits this year, I can see this form getting kicked down the road further.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
JohannaF
Level 1

Thank you for the information

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I wonder if the flow through to the 1040 will happen automatically after the udpate

0 Cheers

At this point, you wouldn't want it flowing to the Form 1040.  It is still applying the lifetime limit of $500 to the credit, reducing it by amounts taken in prior years.  I agree with Just-Lisa-Now and would bet it still won't be ready this Wednesday. 

0 Cheers

I feel for Jim, though.  By February 4th, he must have at least 250 returns just sitting there waiting to be filed when the 5695 goes final!😄

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

ha! good one. i did a return today that took me literally six minutes, and that included welcoming my client. I scheduled my following appt a half hour later so i lost 24 minutes of tax prep time waiting for them to arrive. 

0 Cheers

How is it possible to do a return in six minutes?

When I grow up, I want to be just like you!

0 Cheers