Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1120 & 1120H

BrianThomas
Level 1

What is going on with Form 1120 and 1120H in ProSeries??  It keeps saying "Form Not Final", but according to the form status, it shows "Final".  Is anybody at Intuit aware of this??  I tried calling, but no one seemed to have an answer.

0 Cheers
18 Comments 18
cpa72
Level 3

Are you using their hosting environment?  My 8879 Cs were coming up with a watermark on it saying form not ready even though it is.  When I switched 

0 Cheers
her59
Level 2

I tried calling several times.  They told me that since the 8879-C is not EF ready, the returns have to be paper filed.  How's that for support?  I tried explaining that the 8879 does not get filed, it is a signature form that the preparer keeps for their records, but it was like talking to a wall. Please post if you get a resolution.  The next update to the form is in May, after the due date.

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

I never got a real resolution from Intuit.  By my own due diligence I was able to determine it was caused by me being in the  RightNetwork hosing environment.  I moved the data files to my DropBox account and am using a local version of the program and it works fine.

Their response to this issue was less than appropriate as they told me to speak with Right Network and they would help me.  Again, I scrapped the hosting environment and it resolved my issue.  It prints fine.

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

Also, I am sure you have update 7 or later for the 1120.  But have to make sure.

0 Cheers
her59
Level 2

I am not using the hosting environment and I am updated to version 8, but I still get the watermark on every single page of the return and the banner on the screen.

0 Cheers
EAintheVI
Level 2

How did you fix your error? 

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

I moved away from the hosting environment.  Store my data files in the cloud using DropBox and I can accomplish my goal of working from anywhere.

As soon as I did that, no more watermark.  My issue with ProSeries now is the fact that I am unable to file a NYC S Corp tax return.  Getting an error message and have been told by others that ProSeries says the form has not been approved by NYC.  Find this incredibly hard to believe as the return is due in 12 days.

0 Cheers
EAintheVI
Level 2

Thank you for the timely reply, I may have to do the same thing.  The hosting environment isn't working out for me either, its costing me more time than I can afford to lose right now.  I been getting the random forms aren't ready issue as well but when I transfer the files over to my own network running proseries natively I don't get any of the errors.  

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

Exactly.  I am in the same boat on the cost of hosting.  I'm not using it and continue to pay for it and don't have time to eliminate it.  As soon as I can, ProSeries will get an earful.

0 Cheers
EAintheVI
Level 2

Yep, I'll be calling right after the deadline next month

0 Cheers
BrianThomas
Level 1

After spending hours on the phone with time we don't have, I finally requested to get this issue escalated to another person and surprisingly, someone did in fact call back that actually knew what she was doing.  She instructed me to go the the "Prowin21" folder, under "Forms", there is an "1120" folder that she told me to delete about 9 files starting with "ce" I believe and once I deleted those files, everything was normal.  Not sure why I had to go over this issue with 4 different personnel in support before I finally got a qualified person.  One person actually advised to uninstall ProSeries and re-install from the 2020 ProSeries updater, after already completing hundreds of returns.  I would recommend speaking with someone first before deleting any files in the "Forms", "1120" folder.

0 Cheers
barb2
Level 2

I have this exact issue and I need these watermarks off this 1120-H.

I too am in their hosting.  Need to change that but right now I need this fixed!

0 Cheers
barb2
Level 2

How hard is it to scrap the hosting and move back to my machine.  I have a Dropbox subscription.  Are you using busines or professional Dropbox?

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

Hi

To get it fixed you need to call RightNetworks directly.  Intuit is not the solution to the  issue.

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

Hi again,

I'm not sure what version of dropbox I have, but it was not difficult to transfer the data files.  You need to copy the 21 data folder from the Hosting drive to a dropbox folder, then from your desktop point the program to the data file in dropbox.

Good luck.  Call RightNetwork to get the bug out of the watermark issue.

0 Cheers
barb2
Level 2

Thanks.  I will reach out to them tomorrow.  Are you running on Right Networks?  I am surprised at the slow down waiting for it to print and etc.  Hate to make a change during this rush.  But after the season, I think I may remove this platform.

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

I was but I switched out of it 3 weeks ago.  I found the loading time to be slow, but printing et al not so bad.

I'm still paying the monthly fee but after April 18th, its adios to them.

DropBox is on the cloud so my data files are available from where ever I am and whichever computer I am using.  Good luck.  It is frustrating as all heck.

0 Cheers
barb2
Level 2

Just got off the phone with RightNetworks and they say it is Proseries team that needs to help me.

UGH11

0 Cheers