Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1116 update

pdlang55
Level 3

When will Form 1116 - schedule B be updated - error message says form will be update in later release

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Your guess is a good as any of ours. That's what mine says as well.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think that is another one of those 3/31 release dates.  Looks like tax season started in March for some folks and others aren't going to be starting until April 1st.  It's a good thing that the IRS extended the returns until May 15th ------------- or am I just getting confused with last year?  Anvils will do that to you.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

They need to permanently extend tax season to May 15th every year. Too many issues every year with the IRS, with the software, with everything.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

HE double hockysticks NO.

My deadline the last 2 years when they did that never changed. I just told my clients Your Duedate is April 15, cause you wont find me for several weeks after that.

What's the point in working our A** off if we cant take the month of May off for Golf and Fishing?

IRonMaN
Level 15

You can still hold your clients to the April 15th date --------- that doesn't mean the rest of us wouldn't mind a little extra breathing room.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I'm tired and we need an extension of due date permanently every year. There are no more easy returns like there used to be. It seems like every return is a pain in the @$$. The people are more and more stupid every year, and more and more errors every year , as the stupid people in the country take over . How many forms we get that are done incorrectly . A big @$$ joke that's what it is . Takes too long now to do these returns especially since we have been deputized by the IRS to do their work for them, i.e. due diligence, etc. I can go on and on and on, until the break of dawn, but I think you get the picture. They need to extend that due date to at least May 15th.

IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Update: Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule is now estimated to be ready for print on 3/10.

Although Form 1116 Sch B is not supported for e-file, you will be able to E-File returns with the 1116 Schedule B attached as a PDF, once that form is finalized.

For more information, please see our ProSeries Release dates page. 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Thank you Brittney for letting us know.

Jeff