Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041

ChiHoang
Level 4

Where do I input 1099-R information for form 1041 ? I searched but form 1099-R worksheet does not come up.

Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because the 1041 itself doesn't have a line for retirement payments.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

Other income

Slava Ukraini!
ChiHoang
Level 4

How come Proseries does not set up 1099-R worksheet for input as other tax forms do ? 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because the 1041 itself doesn't have a line for retirement payments.

Slava Ukraini!
ChiHoang
Level 4

Thank you so much for your quick answer.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

Can I deduct funeral home expenses for form 1041 ? If yes, where can I input ?

Thanks

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nope

Slava Ukraini!
ChiHoang
Level 4

Thank you for your response. Can I deduct state tax paid in 2022 for 2021 state form 1041 on 2021 federal form 1041 ? And this year 2021 is the final year.

0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

Anyone helps me with this question:

Can I deduct state tax paid in 2022 for 2021 state form 1041 on 2021 federal form 1041 ? Since this year 2021 is the final year to file form 1041.

Thanks

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why are they paying taxes if it is the final year - everything should have been distributed to the beneficiaries so how did they end up with state taxes?

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

No, only ones paid in 2021.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
ChiHoang
Level 4

Oh. The estate had capital gain and retirement distribution in 2021. How do I enter the capital gain and retirement distributed to the beneficiaries ? Thanks

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go to the distributions section and show that the income was distributed and mark the return as final.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

Do you mean schedule B of 1041 ? If so, what line item should I input ?

I tried to input schedule K-1 for beneficiaries and K-1 worksheet but they did not carry to 1041.

Your step-by step instructions are greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
Accomacktax
Level 2

WHERE DO I ENTER 1099 R ON FORM 1041 THERE IS NO WAY TO REPORT THE GROSS DISTRIBUTION THE TAXABLE AMOUNT AND THE  DISTRIBUTION CODE  THIS MAKES THE ESTATE TAXABLE  BUT IT IS A DEATH BENEFIT SHOULDNT THE COMPANY GIVEN THE BENEFICARIES THE 1099 R ALL CODED 4? AND NOT THE ESTATE?

0 Cheers