Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed NJ extension on 4-18 status is still Sent to State

taxxman02
Level 3

I filed for an NJ extension on 4-18-23, and as of today the status is still "Sent To State". I have now completed the return and trying to E-File but ProSeries is not letting it go through saying "Return is selected, complete the extension first." I was thinking about turning off the error checking but i can't even get that far into the process. Is there any work around or do I have to just wait for NJ to acknowledge.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

@taxxman02 just received this post on another forum: software (tax) vendors received the following communication from the New Jersey treasury department: we are behind in sending acknowledgments due to high volume. We are expecting all acknowledgments to be delivered by the end of the week.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

NJ was taking forever to accept returns but that extension should shake loose any day.  But have you tried highlighting the return and tried clicking e-file from the EF homebase and then select update acknowledgements just to make sure it isn’t on the Intuit side of the equation?

Slava Ukraini!
taxxman02
Level 3

IronMaN

Yes I have tried that, I even went back into the program and deselected NJ E- File, same results. I guess at this point I'll have to wait, I feel bad because they owe NJ but getting back large refunds from Federal and NY. 

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I just got a NJ acceptance overnight - maybe they are moving along 

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@taxxman02 just received this post on another forum: software (tax) vendors received the following communication from the New Jersey treasury department: we are behind in sending acknowledgments due to high volume. We are expecting all acknowledgments to be delivered by the end of the week.