Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed validation error code 54

boo3
Level 1

getting the error code 54, cannot update....will not let me efile!  thanks for any insight

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had that yesterday and ran updates and then it was gone...have you tried updating?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

Same error here.  I updated but it did not help.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I also received same error of my efiles last night. I ran my update and i was able to efile away. 

Did you actually d/l the updates then? 

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

What do you mean by d/l the updates?

0 Cheers
boo3
Level 1

says it is updated.......frustrating

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

So, sometimes you check for updates but they dont actually download those updates. Sometimes you have to physically update them.

you "could" try refresh them as well. That might help. 

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

Yes, it's all up to date, downloaded and installed.  Even tried the repair update.  Still not working.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is it only 1040 returns that have the issue?  If only 1040s:

If updating hadnt fixed it for me, my next move would have been to uninstall and reinstall the 1040 module.

You will NOT lose any of your client data files.

Use Windows Add/Remove Programs

Find PS2021 in the list and choose Unistall.  It will act like tis going to uninstall the entire program, DONT PANIC! It wont.  Once you continue, it will open a window with choices of what to uninstall.  Choose 1040 and uninstall it.   Now reopen ProSeries and choose Updates > Select and Download New Products and choose 1040 in the lower left corner.  That should reinstall the 1040 module.   If the problem persists, a full clean reinstall of the program may be necessary. 

Heres are the instructions for that, again you will not lose any client data files even on a full clean reinstall.
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/multi-user-mode/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-proserie...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sariscpa
Level 4

It is only NYC corp tax for me. NYC 4S EZ

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Select the refresh all updates - last selection on the update menu at the top. That will reinstall ALL updates for 2021 since the beginning of time

sariscpa
Level 4

That was a good try but still nothing.  I have a feeling this is going to require a patch from Intuit.

0 Cheers
ClintCPA
Level 3

I am getting the same error on a MA extension.  All updates have been installed and also refreshed.  When attempting to "Update Installed Products," it indicates "ProSeries is Current."  Very frustrating.

0 Cheers
ClintCPA
Level 3

I spoke with support yesterday and they were able to solve this issue for me.  I had to identify the return type that was impacted (i.e. 1120S, MA S-Corp).  Then close Proseries, go to "Control Panel," choose uninstall programs, doubleclick on ProSeries 2021 and choose the impacted return types (i.e. 1120S, MA S-Corp in my case) and choose "Uninstall" to remove just the impacted programs (This will not cause you to loose any client returns).  Let the uninstall of the impacted return types complete, then re-open ProSeries, click on the "Update" menu and choose "Select and Download New Products."  Choose the return types that were just unistalled (i.e. 1120S, MA S-Corp in my case) and let ProSeries download and install the products.  Once the installation completed, I was able to file the returns normally and the error code no longer appeared.  

SuzieQ1
Level 3

I ranthe download update, installed, tried to efile and got the same message.

Asked for update- none needed

ran the update update, installed tried to efile and got the same message..... 

adding to the list of frustrations with ProSeries this year.... very disappointed (again)

0 Cheers
Maddogcal
Level 2

Thanks

0 Cheers