Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting a file

Grov
Level 1

How do I export a tax file from 2018 Pro Series Basic on one computer (using Windows 7) to 2019 Pro Series Basic on another computer (using Windows 10)?  I tried to transfer the clients to a flash drive and then onto the new computer, but it did not work.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Highlight the client in Homebase (not the EFCenter), then click  FIle > Client File Maintenance >Backup and choose your flashdrive

Then on the new computer, same drill but choose Restore

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Grov
Level 1

Thank so much for the information.  I was able to backup the files to my flashdrive. When I tried restoring the files on the new computer, I could not see them in the directory of the restore dialogue box.  Why can't I see the files?  The tabs to select them are greyed out too.  The directory only shows the folder they are in and won't let me open the folder.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"I could not see them in the directory of the restore dialogue box." "The tabs to select them are greyed out too. "

Be sure you in a regular HomeBase view, not the EFCenter.

Youve got the flashdrive chosen in this box?

restore.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Grov
Level 1

Just-Lisa-Now,

Yes, I am in Homebase view and I have the flashdrive selcted in the drop down box to set the directory.  Do I need ot run Homebase Maintance?

0 Cheers