Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESTIMATED TAX PAYMENTS

stevek63
Level 1

I AM FILING ESTIMATED TAX PAYMENTS ELECTRONICALLY WITH PAYMENT FOR 6/15. HOWEVER, AFTER REVIEWING THE FILES AND GOING TO E FILE NOW, IT ONLY SHOWS THE STATE 2ND QUARTER PAYMENT AND NOT THE FEDERAL 2ND QUARTER PAYMENT. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? TWO HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH INTUIT AND THEY DONT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR ME

HELP

THANKS

STEVE

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"IT ONLY SHOWS"

What/where only shows?   

If you scheduled the federal estimated payments on the 1040ES worksheet, you won't see them "shown" anywhere except in the Standard Client letter.

Which state are you dealing with?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
stevek63
Level 1

I am dealing with New York State, which is not the problem. There is no box that requires a check (Returns to electronically file) saying Federal 2nd q payment. Only Federal box which is for the tax return itself.

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

In the Estimated Tax Worksheet, Part III, there is an area just above Part IV that says "Electronic Funds Withdrawal of Estimated Tax Smart Worksheet (Electronic Filing Only).

If you have the box checked next to Installment Number 2, it should reflect the June 15, 2021 estimated payment as being paid by electronic funds.

After checking the box, review the client letter to be sure it will come out automatically on June 15th.

If it still does not reflect the payment in the letter, review all of the boxes that are checked in Part I of the Estimated Tax Worksheet.  Sometimes answers to some of those questions will prevent the estimated payment from being made.

0 Cheers