Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature Personal Information Protection

gammoncs
Level 3

Last year (tax year 2022), I had some of my clients, who used the Intuit eSignature, say that after they signed their tax documents that they got an email directly from DocuSign asking if they wanted to personally sign up to use DocuSign services.  My question is this.  Does Intuit allow DocuSign to see/use the email accounts used in the Intuit eSignature process for their own purposes?  If this is allowed, this seems like a miss-use of our client's personal information.  

I would love to get some feedback on this so that I can assure my tax clients that their personal information is protected from any use outside of the preparation of their tax returns.

Thank you for your support.

Danny Gammon

2 Comments 2
AFasten
Level 2

I don't think anyone will ever give you the true answer to this.

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

I can only hope that Intuit will see the value of being able to confirm that the security of Personal Information (PI) meets the highest standard.  Over the last few seasons Intuit and the IRS has emphasized the need for data security.  What a great selling point for Intuit if they could check this out and respond with a security confirmation.  It would also be a great selling point for all of the users of Intuit software to insure their clients that their PI is handled securely.

Does anyone else feel that this is important?  Just wondering.

0 Cheers