Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 Max SEP/Keogh Contribution Incorrect?

IdaPlanner
Level 2

Hi -

Schedule 1 shows as final on the update page, but seems to be limiting SEP/Keogh contributions to the 2022 max of $61k instead of the 2023 max of $66k.  I checked the Keogh/SEP/SIMPLE contribution worksheet and if I enter a $66k SEP contribution (plenty of Sch C income to support it), It shows $66k as the max in Part III Line 21 (though line 8 text says not more than $61,000 even though it allows the $66k.  In part V though, Line 2, it's supposed to be taking that $66k value from Part III line 21, but instead uses $61k.  That $61k is then transferred to Sch 1, Ln 16, which is incorrect.

Can anyone replicate?  Should I report this to Support? 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

no need to report it.. the sofware is still being updated

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

no need to report it.. the sofware is still being updated

PATAX
Level 15

I agree with Jim. It is too early. Wait a little bit. I have used that worksheet many times over the years and I have never had a problem with it. Intuit/Pro Series does an excellent job on that. So just wait a little bit.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Its really, really early for a 2024 contribution 😯

Slava Ukraini!
IdaPlanner
Level 2

Yeah, I meant tax year 2023, 2023 Proseries Pro...  just preparing in calendar 2024.  I just corrected the thread title.

IdaPlanner
Level 2

Understood.  Just odd to me that they would list Schedule 1 as FINAL with a simple math error like this.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I think FINAL means the layout of the form is final per IRS and IRS approved Intuit's version.

I don't think it has anything to do with how the software calculates anything.

Ex-AllStar