Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Practitioner PIN on Form 8879

gabletax
Level 4

Filing Form 1065. On Info Worksheet in the Practitioner PIN program section, selected first option to use Practitioner PIN (Form 8879-PE), and filled in partner's PIN and Date PIN entered. Then, go to Form 8879, and the second box is checked, "I will enter my PIN." instead of the first box as indicated on the Info Worksheet. Looks like a glitch to me. Is that the way your software is working, too?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

On part VI of the partnership information workaheet

Practitioners PIN program:

X check this bod to sign this return electronically.......

X ERO entered Pin

Partner's or LLC Members PIN (enter numbers)

the above is how I fill it out on the information worksheet. I am thinking you missed the ERO entered pin box.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

On part VI of the partnership information workaheet

Practitioners PIN program:

X check this bod to sign this return electronically.......

X ERO entered Pin

Partner's or LLC Members PIN (enter numbers)

the above is how I fill it out on the information worksheet. I am thinking you missed the ERO entered pin box.

dkh
Level 15

Yep, mine is like that also. 

edited to delete my call out for help !  

edit:  mine is like @gabletax      

gabletax
Level 4

That was it! Thanks! What threw me off was that on the Info Worksheet, that line seems to indicate it is used for Form 8453.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@dkh - it is working right, you just have a little extra clicking on the business returns than you do on the 1040.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Hmmmm...  I thought I checked the same boxes as last year.   Maybe I need a nap...oh wait I already took one.  Maybe I took too long of a nap.

Yep...I missed one.     

Rivertowncpa
Level 1

I have followed instructions (checked both boxes) but form 8879-PE is not being produced at all in my form 1065 partnership return for 2021.  I can only generate the form by over-ride in blank form.  Cannot figure out why never had problem on other returns, just 1065.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@Rivertowncpa 

Open F1065 Partnership Information Worksheet, scroll down to section VI - Electronic Filing Information,

make sure you have Practitioner Pin Program boxes checked and check the appropriate returns under 

Choose Returns to be Filed Electronically