Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client letter and NJ Partnership Return

amfalasco
Level 1

After getting no help from ProSeries tech support (which they told me just to update), I am posting to see if anyone has any idea on my problem.  The standard client letter for NJ Partnership return this that there are two types of returns for NJ Partnerships.  NJ-1065 and NJ-CBT-1065.  This is not the case.  The only form for NJ is NJ-1065.  However, the return is selected for electronic filing and it also says to sign and mail the NJ-CBT-1065.  The letter also duplicates the instructions for the PTE!!  Help!!! I'm so frustrated this year at ProSeries.  Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue?  Thanks for your help.  

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

You should be able to go in and edit the letter to delete the extra stuff.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
amfalasco
Level 1

I've tried that several times.

The letter still duplicates the electronic and mailing for the NJ partnership return

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you been clicking on the save button on the client letter each time you have tried to change it?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ESGLLC
Level 1

I believe the NJ CBT 1065 is required if you have an out of state partner.  This is what I found on NJ website.  Is this your case?  The partnership can also file the PTE to pay the taxes for the partner to claim on their K1.

Form NJ- CBT-1065 must be filed when the entity is required to calculate a tax on its nonresident partner(s). Partners subject to the gross income or corporation business taxes still must report and pay tax on their share of partnership income or loss.

0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

Hi, I agree with user ESGLLC that you may be subject to file CBT-1065 based on your description. However, if you don't want to file it, please take the following steps to remove the CBT-1065 paragraph from client letter:

1. Go to Federal tax return

2. Click File menu on the top right

3. Select Remove State/City

4. In the pop up window, select New Jersey CBT-1065 Return and click Remove

0 Cheers