Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering 1099 info from brokers

Arrowhead
Level 1

I have several clients with 30-40 page 1099's outlining hundreds of itemizations.  The broker does not download to ProSeries.  Is there a simplified way to enter the info?  Can I enter the totals in each category and attach a .pdf?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it says basis was provided to the IRS, just enter the totals - no need to attach anything.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it says basis was provided to the IRS, just enter the totals - no need to attach anything.

Slava Ukraini!
hankinstax
Level 5

Box A and D may be entered as summary totals on a Sch D worksheet by broker.  If other boxes, create a PDF and enter on the worksheet as a summary total with code M.  Double click the entry and enter any adjustments needed.  Attach the PDF to the return.

GodFather
Level 8

If using Code M, must you always attach a pdf?  I've used code M in the past for statements having ten+ transactions, I never attached a pdf. of the statement and never had an issue.   

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I am not sure if you have to, but It only takes me a couple of minutes to scan and attach, potentially saving an hour answering an IRS letter a year and a half later. I choose to attach if I have any doubt.