Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterable Form 4797

taxlady1976
Level 2

Is there a way to link the enterable Form 4797 to a specific activity?  The asset (a vehicle) is linked to a Schedule E, but I have to make the sale entries manually since the business use percentage varied each year.  If I were to enter the sale directly on the asset worksheet, it would carry the gain or loss to the Form 8582, but I can't do that in these circumstances, but I still need to get the sale linked to the correct activity.  Form 8582 does not allow manual entry.  Is there a way to get my 4797 linked to Sch E and Form 8582?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Delete the original vehicle asset entry worksheet.  Create a new asset worksheet entering the correct basis information and then enter a sales date and selling price.

Slava Ukraini!
taxlady1976
Level 2

That sounds like an easy fix. Thank you so much. I'm going to try it now and hopefully end this tech support call that I've been holding on for over 40 minutes lol.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!