Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engagement Letters

CD1965
Level 3

We have decided to use the engagement letter for the first time this year.  We have it edited and ready for printing.  How do we "Batch Print" the engagement letters?  At this time, all we can figure out is to go into each client's return and print from there.  When working with a couple hundred clients, that would be very time-consuming.  Thank you

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Change one of your client letters wording (IE Organizer) by cutting and pasting in the Engagement letter language, and save it as the standard client letter, then I think you can figure out a way to select a group of clients and batch print the letters.

CD1965
Level 3

In my system, the only way to print any letter is from the client's tax return (opening the client's return and printing from there).  I do not see an option for printing any client letter globally.  The only item I can batch print is the Client Checklist.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You can make client letters print with the return or organizer:

Open a return / organizer or whatever.

Select Tools > Letters > Print with return setup

Click on Global Print options in the upper left > then "Control which letters print"

Select the return type or organizer, then select which letter and copy you want it to print with.

I thought about setting organizer to not print any pages and see if the letters would just print if I selected nothing else, but that was too much work for me. But the above is how you get a letter to print with all returns or all organizers.

CD1965
Level 3

Thank you for trying to help me.  I am just going to accept that it is not possible to batch-print letters.  I do not want to print the engagement letter with the return and when trying to print the organizer, it looks like I will be charged a fee.  We'll go the long route!

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If you are going to have to type in all of your clients names and addresses 1by 1 to prepare the letters, you may want to try setting up a word processing file with the names and addresses and do a mail merge. That way you will have the name /address doc for use in the future.

CD1965
Level 3

We will let ProSeries generate the letters. We will just have to open each tax return and print it from there.

0 Cheers
dmccpa3588
Level 1

So I went into the "Print With Organizer" and set all the forms to "Never".  Then set the Letters to Print with Organizers to "Engagement Letter".  Then highlighted all the Organizers to print.  The result was only the Engagement letters printed.  Then went back into the "Print with Organizers" and restored the default settings.