Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Payments FAIL THEN DRAFT LATER - BAD FOR INTUIT TO FUMBLE LIKE THIS ON 4/15

jhammack
Level 2

Not good to be fumbling client payments on the 15th of April.  Agents are telling us that the failed payments won't be made and to make payments manually.  However, I have already seen a case where the failed payment ended up going through anyway ALMOST A WEEK LATER.  The client almost double payed.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.  

Please figure this out and let us know once you have things under control.  Here is the simple question.  Are FAILED payments cancelled or will they end up drafting from client accounts later on (probably when they are not expecting it)? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhammack
Level 2

Following up.  We called the IRS EFTPS and they acknowledged that the draft did not occur on 4/15.  However, it appears the 4/15 payment was bumped out to 6/15 as the IRS had it scheduled for that date.  We obviously cancelled that 6/15 payment because the client made the failed Q1 estimate. 

I wish we could have more transparency on the home base (or at least a report that can be run) for electronic payments.  That would have provided the visibility for practitioners to resolve these issues more quickly. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
PATAX
Level 15

J h, I may be wrong but I do not think this was an issue with Intuit but rather an issue with the IRS... just my opinion...

dkh
Level 15
dkh
Level 15

@PATAX is right -  the only issue that was Intuit's fault is the mess up on Q1 and Q2 estimates and that was for only a specific period of time

IRonMaN
Level 15

You need to get better cable or satellite reception.  You might have been watching the game but have the wrong team fumbling the ball.

Slava Ukraini!
jhammack
Level 2

Please be advised this is not limited to just the Estimated Tax Payments.  It is definitely an issue with regular return payments as well.

0 Cheers
jhammack
Level 2

Everyone makes mistakes, but when you tell clients to make payments manually and then the payments end up going through thats a problem.  All I am saying is figure out the truth and let your people know so that they do not give out bad advice.  

dkh
Level 15

The regular payment issue is an IRS problem 

jhammack
Level 2

Following up.  We called the IRS EFTPS and they acknowledged that the draft did not occur on 4/15.  However, it appears the 4/15 payment was bumped out to 6/15 as the IRS had it scheduled for that date.  We obviously cancelled that 6/15 payment because the client made the failed Q1 estimate. 

I wish we could have more transparency on the home base (or at least a report that can be run) for electronic payments.  That would have provided the visibility for practitioners to resolve these issues more quickly. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"However, it appears the 4/15 payment was bumped out to 6/15 as the IRS had it scheduled for that date. We obviously cancelled that 6/15 payment because the client made the failed Q1 estimate."

Yes, that's why you read the links given as replies.

Intuit explained the combining of the Estimates; the IRS explained the late payment date for the returns.

There are Two Parties involved with these mistakes and delays. Reading the notifications, from the links, helps you know what actions to take and what not to bother doing.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers