Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efin Rejected

BeckerMgt
Level 3

I've filed about 100 returns already this season and just started having my returns rejected for:

"The EFIN used to transmit this return is not a registered EFIN with the IRS or may not be registered to transmit this return type. Verify that your EFIN has been accurately entered in ProSeries by going to Tools, Options, and Firm/Preparer Info. Make corrections if necessary, then reopen and save the return prior to resubmitting. If it is necessary to review or update your EFIN, copy and paste this web address in an internet browser to go to IRS e-Services where your EFIN can be updated online."

Why would my EFIN suddenly start being rejected?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BeckerMgt
Level 3

I logged into my account with the IRS and my Efin has been made inactive as of today. I have no idea why but the IRS does not work late during tax season like we all do so I have to call them tomorrow. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you ever register your EFIN with Intuit?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/license-information/help/register-your-efin-with-intuit-befo...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BeckerMgt
Level 3

Yes I did. I've already filed 100 returns up until yesterday, my Efin just started getting rejected today. I just logged into my Intuit account and it says my Efin is approved. I just updated Proseries and rebooted my computer and it still won't file. I'm hoping this is a glitch in a Proseries update and it can get fixed quickly. I don't understand why my Efin would suddenly start getting rejected.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Were all just other users like yourself, none of us have access to your account, sorry. Yu may want to call into support. Or call IRS EServices and see if they can see what the problems is on their end with the EFIN.

0 Cheers
BeckerMgt
Level 3

I logged into my account with the IRS and my Efin has been made inactive as of today. I have no idea why but the IRS does not work late during tax season like we all do so I have to call them tomorrow. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

That does not sound good.

Good luck.

Ex-AllStar
BeckerMgt
Level 3

Thanks. I'll post what I find out if I think it would be of service to anyone.  

dmendez08
Level 2

I have the same issue ☹️

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Better get on the phone to IRS EServices and see what happened.

BeckerMgt
Level 3

Just to update everyone: it turns out the IRS de-activated my EFIN because they suspected it was compromised. No warning or anything, just shut it down and all of my e-file returns immediately started getting rejected. Called first thing this morning and the IRS was very quick to issue me a new EFIN which I then updated into my ProSeries and Intuit account. Within two hours I received an email from Intuit stating my new EFIN was accepted. Unfortunately my returns are still being rejected. I spent an hour on the phone with Intuit checking my account and doing updates and apparently it could take up to two days for my updated license to be accepted by the system. Not good news on 4/13. So I just keep working on returns I can't file yet and every hour or so try to file one hoping it doesn't get rejected. Good times.      

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did they tell you WHY they thought it had been compromised?

0 Cheers
BeckerMgt
Level 3

The woman on the phone couldn't tell me for sure but she looked at my filing history and said there were 14 rejected returns filed for my EFIN this year and I usually have none so they assumed it was compromised. I did have two rejected returns earlier this season for clients whose identity was compromised so there were already returns filed for their SS#s but no way have I had 14 rejections before yesterday so I guess maybe it was compromised. (of course I've probably had 14 rejections just in the past 24 hours since they deactivated my EFIN. Hopefully they don't deactivate it again!)   

dmendez08
Level 2

So I have the same problem. Can you provide me with number you call? I have call several times but is to the number ending on 1040.

0 Cheers
BeckerMgt
Level 3

The number is 866-255-0654. They open a 6:30 CT. I called first thing this morning and got someone immediately.

0 Cheers