Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile status

YankeeGirl
Level 2

Hi

This will be my first efile submission. My client worked in 2 states and it says I need to pay
$41 to file for the second state. i have the pro series basic edition that I paid $700,  that allows to 2 states.

When i was going to file it  said fed   Federal only                                                                                                                                                  Ct          State only                                                                                                                                        NY         Fed/State

Do I choose Ct and NY & Fed/State ,

or all 3? sorry if this is dumb I just don't want to make a mistake. and how do i follow up with efile? on the old Turbo tax, i usually just received a text before i gave back the tax forms to the clients.

Sorry for being such a Newbie

Mary

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
taxes96786
Level 9

Contact customer service and insist to be transferred to a tech. Explain the problem. If you are allowed 2 States per PPR filing they can walk you through the process.  PS seems to have gotten their act together, when it comes to support. I have had great success solving problems this year.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
taxes96786
Level 9

Contact customer service and insist to be transferred to a tech. Explain the problem. If you are allowed 2 States per PPR filing they can walk you through the process.  PS seems to have gotten their act together, when it comes to support. I have had great success solving problems this year.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, you would check the boxes for all three if you are e-filing Federal and both states.

Have you 'authorized' a second state yet?  If you are not sure:

1. Go up to the "Tools" menu,
  2. Then "License Products". 
  3. Hit "Okay",
  4. Then press the button that says "View Return Usage and State Licenses".

That will show the states that you have already licensed.  If you have not already licensed two States, when you try to print or e-file the your second state, it SHOULD give you the option to license that State (for unlimited) or to pay the $41 PPR fee (plus tax). 

Be careful it doesn't try to charge you $4100, because the program has been glitching for some people.

YankeeGirl
Level 2

Thank you so much!!

0 Cheers