Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile Form 3522 with 1040?

SL855
Level 3

Filing a single member LLC with California that is attached to their 1040. When trying to file the extension, I keep getting an error about the Form 3537 and it not being required due to there not being any nonconsenting nonresident member tax due. This discussion from last year seems to discuss this issue and the distinction between the two: https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/ca-llc-extension/00/25...

Is there any way to file the Form 3522 on its own within ProSeries to make the payment?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So you use the 3537 for the extension to pay the tax not the annual fee. 

The 2023 annual fee should have been paid as an estimate last year, so unless you need to pay some tax (when their income is over the limit and they owe tax too) you wouldn't need an extension, since no money would be due.

If they didnt pay the fee as an estimate last year, I think it just gets paid when you file the return.

If you want to pay the 2024 estimate now, you'd use 3536.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
SL855
Level 3

When I trigger the 3536 and try to submit as an extension I the 3537 is still present and I get the error below.

I get that the 3522 and 3536 aren't actually extensions, but is there any way to submit them on their own within ProSeries to remit the payment? On the federal worksheet it does not appear as an option for electronic filing of estimates payments.

CA LLC.png

CA Payments.png

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"but is there any way to submit them on their own within ProSeries to remit the payment?" 

No.  Not that Im aware of.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Could CA make that any more confusing?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It so horrible trying to keep track of these stupid LLC payments!

0 Cheers