Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile dates for 2018 and 2019

Level 3

When can we efile 2018  and 2019 tax returns.  Jan 25th or wait till Feb 12th?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Level 10
18 Replies 18
Level 10
Level 10
Level 15

No earlier than February 13th for me ----------------- I'm not getting stampeded by that mob that is always waiting at 12:01 on opening day (for something that never opens at 12:01).  And I'm sure the mob size is going to be larger and have less patience than the usual "no-patience" mob that shows up to throw out that first pitch of the season.

This week's special - free amended tax returns to anybody bringing in a signed copy of the law providing tax breaks for unemployment.
Level 10
Level 10

I would guess there will be a larger amount of returns getting filed on the first day this year because of the late start date.

Level 8

It is becoming very difficult for the counter to keep up. I will have to take it down for the afternoon and re grease it again!

Counter Update: 264,001

Level 1

When can efile business returns for 2019? You only addressed the individuals.

0 Cheers
Level 8

Open now.

Level 1

Why cant I efile my states? Tech support has been no help...Only the fed has gone through,,,

0 Cheers
Level 8

Check the KB, not all states are on the same page as federal business efile .

Level 1

Sorry what is KB?

Thanks

0 Cheers
Level 8

Community Knowledge Base, also check individual state website

Level 15

For what it's worth, I did get two C corps transmitted and accepted by the feds and MN yesterday afternoon.

This week's special - free amended tax returns to anybody bringing in a signed copy of the law providing tax breaks for unemployment.
Level 10

🥃

Level 15

I hope you aren't driving tonight.

Level 10

Nope -  flying:  going to take the broom - it'll match my mood.

Level 15

"Nope -  flying:  going to take the broom - it'll match my mood"

Just watch out for flying monkeys 😁

Level 15

"Community Knowledge Base, also check individual state website"

OMG, I didn't realize there are resources that make this info available.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Level 3

I just tried to transmit 2018 and 2019 returns and they still won't go through?  Anyone else having this issue?  

0 Cheers
Level 10

Yes, everyone that is trying to efile already.    An exact time was not announced.