Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Rejected but Cannot be Resent

summer123
Level 1

My company's state and city's tax returns were rejected with error details showing as The IRS Submission ID referenced in the State Submission Manifest must be present in the e-File database.  The Error resolutions told me that my state return could not be processed for the e-filing ahead of the federal return and asked to wait for the Federal return to be accepted by the IRS before resubmitting the State return electronically. 

I tried as the resolution suggested but there is another error telling me that I cannot efile my state returns because a duplicate one has already been submitted. I have no idea if my state returns have been filed successfully because the status keeps showing as Rejected. So confused. 

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What type of return and which state/city are you dealing with? Maybe someone familiar with it can offer some advice.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
summer123
Level 1

It is a C-Corp Tax Return of NYS and NYC. Thank you. 

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @summer123, sorry you're running into this issue. 

Could you try the following to narrow down on where the issue is happening?

Inside ProSeries, in EF Center, if you select the row for the state return, then do Menu > E-File > Update Acknowledgement Status of Selected Returns/Extensions/Payment, does the status come back as rejected?

Alternatively, if you look up the EF status in My Account  (https://myproconnect.intuit.com/#/accounts/efile-status), what is the status there?

Regards,
Matt

summer123
Level 1

Hi Matt,

I tried the update and it still shows as Rejected for the same reason.

I also looked up the EF status in My Account and it shows Rejected as well.

I still cannot resent my tax return. Could you please help? 

Thank you.

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

hi @summer123, thank you for checking.

Unfortunately I don't have the permissions/tools to help with this specific issue, but if you call into support, they should be able to assist with this.

Sorry I'm not able to help.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@summer123 would it possible you can take the screenshot of the error? Thanks.

0 Cheers