Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file not received by IRS

egerolacpa
Level 2

I e-filed returns in April and May 2021 and the Intuit Proseries status says the taxing agency accepted the return.  However, when I requested for transcript, the IRS had no record of the efiles.  Do I resubmit or re-efile the returns? Please help. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That just means its been pulled into manual processing and its not in the system yet.  Super common this year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ljr
Level 8

Does where's my refund still say processing? Start there - then you know the IRS has it and it is working it's way through most likely manually. Nothing you can do.

BobKamman
Level 15

Returns don't show up in "Where's My Refund" until a week or so before the refund is issued.  (It will say 21 days, but that's extreme.)  

As of July 24, 2021, IRS had 14.7 million unprocessed individual returns. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yep WMR is not a reliable source of current or correct info any longer.

If youve got an acknowledgement, they've got it, they just havent put it in the system..if its got RRC, UI or APTC on it, thats probably why.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TAXOH
Level 11

I have a few that were sent in mid March and on WMR it says something like 'still processing a refund date will be provided when available".  

Another one that was sent in the beginning of March had that same message and then it changed to Refund Approved and then Refund Sent with the deposit date and amount (that was adjusted.....they claimed they didn't receive the $600 but must have according to the IRS).

All the ones that I know of that were being held up and were checked on WMR showed some type of message on it.

PATAX
Level 15

@TAXOH👍 same exact thing here for the two prior in limbo returns that eventually received their refund... Now yesterday another client called and their return is in limbo since mid-may... Same exact message that you referenced above...