Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate ssn/ein

linda2
Level 5

I'm trying to electronically file an amended Form 1120 but get the "fix duplicate ssn/ein" error.  However, when I try to fix it, I can't remove the original file from the EF homebase view since it was filed and accepted.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
linda2
Level 5

That worked!  I removed e-file from the original return and it worked.  So simple...wish I thought of that:)

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You should be using the original file/filename (not a copy) as the amended, with the amended box checked and changes made to the original return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
linda2
Level 5

I thought that when amending a return, you make a copy, then make changes to the new file.  I don't usually change the original return,

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Can you go back to the original file and remove efile?

If that doesn't work you might need to move the original data file "out of the way" somewhere that PS can't "see" it, then efile your amended 1120, then after you get the EF Ack, you can move the original file back.

linda2
Level 5

That worked!  I removed e-file from the original return and it worked.  So simple...wish I thought of that:)