Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download on MacBook??

lowe71
Level 1

I just tried downloading the software, but its not supported on Mac? Please help.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's Windows Software. You can only run Windows Software on a Mac if you have a VM or emulation tool.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
dascpa
Level 11

With 3 weeks left of tax season you're just now downloading the software?  Hope you don't have many clients.

rcherenson
Level 4

You can purchase Parallels software for $89 (I think that's only a 6 month license) and it will create a windows partition for you that will run windows software on a separate window than your regular Mac files. It's reasonably user friendly. I use it for a bookkeeping client who has a Mac to run QB desktop.

But a better solution is to buy a cheap windows laptop with sufficient hard drive space to hold the software (ie: not a Chromebook)

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"ie: not a Chromebook" <== not a Windows computer

The point is the Operating System, which you see as "OS" and Apple OS, Chrome OS, Windows OS, Linux OS, etc, is like Chevy vs Ford vs Kia vs Volkswagon. Try shoving a Kia engine into a Hummer and see how well the Hummer runs.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers