Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know where in ProSeries to report the Energy Communities Tax Credit Bonus of 10% for solar? There is not place in Form 5695 for this additional credit.

DRBEA
Level 3

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Have you looked at F3468 ?   I suspect that's where it would be reported.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Is the solar for their personal use (Form 5695) or is it for business (Form 3469)?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is this for the additional % becasue the panels were made in the US?   

I saw someone ask about this a week or two ago, I didnt ever see an answer though.....I remember scrolling through the 5695 and didnt see a spot for it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
DRBEA
Level 3

This TP appears to be eligible for an additional 10% tax credit because he installed solar at his home in West Virginia.  He operates a farm on his property.  According to  https://www.solarholler.com, 52 out of 55 counties in West Virginia can take advantage of the "Energy Community" tax credit, meaning most nonprofits and businesses in the state will see their tax credit jump from 30% to 40%.

I'm just not sure where to claim this additional 10% tax credit or what documentation may be needed to support.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@DRBEA wrote:

This TP appears to be eligible for an additional 10% tax credit because he installed solar at his home in West Virginia.  He operates a farm on his property.  According to  https://www.solarholler.com, 52 out of 55 counties in West Virginia can take advantage of the "Energy Community" tax credit, meaning most nonprofits and businesses in the state will see their tax credit jump from 30% to 40%.

I'm just not sure where to claim this additional 10% tax credit or what documentation may be needed to support.

Sounds like something on the state return then if it only applies to certain counties in WV.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@DRBEA wrote:

he installed solar at his home in West Virginia. 

He operates a farm on his property. 

If it is personal use on Form 5695, that bonus credit does not apply.

If it is business use (and being depreciated) on Form 3468, then it may apply.