Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know who coined the phrase "there is no such thing as a stupid question"

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm just looking for the name so that I can contact them to correct them.  They really should have visited this place today before they came up with that goofy thought.  Is there a full moon or what?

Ok, that was mean so I'll go stand in the corner........................ at least if I go to my corner I won't have to see any more stupid questions.  Oops, sorry, that was still mean...................... but I do feel better 😀

Slava Ukraini!
27 Comments 27
PATAX
Level 15

I think some dumbbell came up with that phrase. It is good to be mean sometimes. You have to let that meanness out. And then it makes one feel better.😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

The meanness is out so I'm good.  But I'm not sure if I'm just good for today, or if we will have to pop the cover off and let it out again tomorrow. 😶

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Where I come from we have a saying that the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Taken from that position, there are no dumb questions left ----------------- they have all been asked here. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
Taxprohere
Level 7

Best of stupid, new client who emailed me asking what email to use to contact me.  (I am not making this up, who would believe it.  And not asking for mailing address.)

abctax55
Level 15

@Taxprohere  - that is a bit sad.... how does that person function in real life?  I would *hope* that is now a former client????

I no longer do stupid, whiney, or silver spoon clients - I don't have that many years left of doing tax returns and I am *not* going to deal with the stupid, whiney, or silver spoon PITA's  🙂  My rules/my way - or the highway !

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
ljr
Level 8

add to that the one's that complain about the fee - you don't like it find another place - my rules/my way or the highway ! AGREED ! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Taxprohere  - sounds like one of my clients left the area and moved down the block from you.  It reminds me of the folks that leave a voice mail to tell me they are going to e-mail me - thanks - I never would have found the e-mail without the heads up.😠

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

My favorite...sticky notes attached to each document  "This is my W2"     "This is my interest income"

Thank goodness they told me.  Those documents I rarely see and might not have known what they were.

rbynaker
Level 13

@dkh wrote:

My favorite...sticky notes attached to each document  "This is my W2"     "This is my interest income"

Hey, at least they opened the mail! 🙂  I have a couple OCD post-it folks but way more clients who just give me a pile of unopened mail.  Some of the envelopes even have tax documents!  Or mortgage bills.  Dividend checks.  Your car warranty has expired.  You know the drill.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah I had a sweet lady in yesterday.  Husband passed away recently and was the tax guy.  I think she backed up a U-haul to bring in everything she brought in.

Slava Ukraini!
Taxprohere
Level 7

@abctax55 years ago, and I don't remember which client! 

@IRonMaN I think she did move here!! (in spirit though, she lived in area for ages).  This client will text me saying she will email me, and then the email asks if she can call me later 🤣.  I had previously scolded her for asking a tax question via text and told her to use email, texts are good for "I'm running late for my appt" or "what's the building door code again?"

IRonMaN
Level 15

Don't text me...........unless you want to piss me off.  Call or e-mail, but don't text.  Some folks have no boundaries when it comes to texting, so just don't start.

Slava Ukraini!
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Actually there is a full moon, and this has always been the stupid questions central station. 😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

But some days here are stupider than others ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as I'm here, is it just me or is the notification system currently working as badly as the search function?

Slava Ukraini!
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

No hands-on experience with the 2021 software but from everything I read here, it seems to be at an all time low in performing as you hope it will.

abctax55
Level 15

I have ONE client that I allow 'business' texting.  He's a favorite, and he's been a client for 40 years this year.  I've known him longer than I've known my husband.   Everyone else - I agree with Jeff. 

Anyone else remember the Cliff Clavin "Jeopardy" episode ?  A favorite 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

Yep Notifications was not working .......

IRonMaN
Level 15

The Jeopardy episode was a classic.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I have to text with my Gen Z (and some Millennial) clients.  Only way they know how to communicate.  They will NOT answer a call from a number not programmed in their phone.  Frustrating  

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN thanks for letting me know that. I thought it was my wack email. But it turns out it is actually the wack community forum website....just joking....😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

I shutoff my e-mail long ago to avoid the 6 million e-mails that were coming through each day.  But I do rely on the notification button on this page to see if someone has posted something new to a post I had responded to.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I have a few clients that mail all there tax documents to me without checking in advance if I'm alive, moved or not preparing taxes any longer. I assume they are folks of great faith, and not much common sense!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

They are afraid that you are going to say no if they call and ask if they can mail their stuff to you. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

They're the same clients that don't keep any copies either

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just had one that sent copies and kept the originals.  That worked out well.  Well it would have if he didn't cut off the top of the sheets with the dollar amounts when he made the copies. 🤔

Slava Ukraini!