Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS for 2023 as it's NOT ready yet until 2024 Jan.

MrMojo
Level 3

It was a nightmare of a week dealing with ProSeries tech support.

Spoke with 5 different tech support reps and even higher up supervisors got involved, totaling >10 hours, using Glance Intuit.

NO One could figure out why there were issues with DMS; DMS download file said 23.1.0.0 but the Installed DMS showed 23.1.1.

Somewhat of a Resolution just moments ago.

Issue began Mon through Today, many reps, including supervisors, pointing the blame at me, esp. Rep 1. From Reps 2-4, had them remote in via Glance Intuit and they took screenshots of the entire process to resolve the issue, which was Not resolved.

Uninstall & reinstall Several times, checked RegEdit, reviewed Client Entitlement files/folders and no results. Rep 1 said anecdotally, one other customer said DMS worked for him and I was the one with the issue, so blaming me, similar to the supervisors later on with the other reps!

Moments ago, finished talking to Rep 5, who spoke with support team, as I got an email from Rep 4 stating that DMS wasn't licensed.

It appears there are Now Other customers who are calling in with DMS issues. Rep 5 said, on a taped line, that the higher up tech support team supervisors found out and ADMITTED, that DMS is in BETA mode, v23.1.1, and that a FINAL version is Estimated to be released in 2024, Jan.

DMS will work through ProSeries 2022 but won't necessarily work for ProSeries 2023, which is technically in Draft mode.

I did subscribe to DMS so they had to re-authorize the licensing to my account. Apparently, it was NOT Me with the issue, as many other customers are Now calling in similar issues, though I was the 1st one to notify them of the issue.

Hate being a Beta tester!

Worse, they double charged a portion of my invoice. They don't know why, but they'll issue a refund for that portion in 7~10 bus. days.

Feel vindicated now, but exhausted through the past week, with them blaming me for Their 'error' in releasing a Beta 2023 DMS.

Why is it even Beta? Why can't they make it work for the Draft 2023 ProSeries.

Time to relax and enjoy the holidays now.

Happy Holidays to All!

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Remember this nightmare next year. If I really want a "next year" folder in next year for a particular client, I just add it with the appropriate subfolders to highlight those things I want to be thrown in my face during the heat of battle. I also have a "Permanent" folder for special things. The only really important thing they issue will give you is the ability to print that next year return to that next year DMS. I am never in much of a hurry to use any of the next year "stuff" until it really is time to need to use that next year "stuff". All my years have learnt me to slooooow doooown. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BobKamman
Level 15

I think you have forgotten the motto of large software companies:  "The Customer is Always Wrong."  But I had trouble following this because I have no idea what DMS is.  I figured out it must have something to do with Deducting Medical Supplies.  Perhaps that involves whether bathroom tissue can be claimed.  Because that falls under the category of "paperwork."  Just like tax returns.  So we should expect a company to meet all of our paperwork needs, not just for calculating tax returns.  I wonder, though, if perhaps we should instead choose programs that stay in their own lane.  I don't want some of the bells and whistles that are available at extra cost.  Just keep it simple.  Tax return preparation is difficult enough.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Bob - hopefully Santa brings you a sleigh full of bathroom tissue so you don't have to worry about whether or not you can deduct the cost of the stuff.  Merry Christmas🎅

Slava Ukraini!
Frankngafua
Level 1

Today is 01/26/2024 and I am having the same issues with DMS and the Entitlement Client not being installed. I have talked to over 10 different support reps and each one has a different interpretation of the problem. From my server needing an upgrade to Microsoft securities and so many other reasons. They had me and my IT guy installing and uninstalling the applications so many time and till now it doesn't work. After support could not solve the problem, they sent me a link with instructions to continue the process myself as if I should know their stuff more than them. My team heavily relies on DMS for all our tax document management. We have DMS as part of or workflow.  🙄😠 We are now going back to storing our documents the old way in cabinets. 

0 Cheers
MrMojo
Level 3

DMS = Document Management System

You scan documents into DMS for storage and reference.

DMS 'works' with the scanner.

The problem... the 'LINK' from Proseries to DMS BROKE!

Now it's just an overpriced piece of storage junk.

Have to print to pdf then Manually import the Tax returns and Invoices Into DMS instead of Proseries doing it for us, which was the purpose of the software.

Guess Intuit is trying to 'force' users to use their online Vault document system now.

Screw that!

0 Cheers
MrMojo
Level 3

UPDATE: 2/21/2024

DMS still didn't work. Contacted tech support, AGAIN!

Used SmartView so rep took screenshots of what's happening. My account is Authorized and Licensed for ProSeries Pro including DMS!

It got 'fixed' for 1 DAY!

BUT... the following day, the updates early in the morning MESSED up the fix and around we go with PROSERIES NOT CONNECTING TO DMS!!

DMS can be used as a stand alone document system to scan in files but it will NOT accept copies of tax returns from Proseries!

How F---- up is Intuit to mess up a 'simple' link, only to fix it.. 3 months later, then screw it up the following day with the updates??!!!

Intuit's Quality Control is S--T as well as its Software Engineering Team and Management for ALLOWING this mess to happen!!!

Currently on hold with Tech Support, AGAIN, giving them screenshots of their Mess to send to the Engineering Team and Management, AGAIN!

AVOID INTUIT'S DMS!!!

Does anyone have any good referrals for a GOOD, WORKING Document Management System software? Much appreciated!

George4Tacks
Level 15

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/product-setup/document-management-system-d...

The article is a bit old. The current version is 23.1.1

You need to download the current version.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
MrMojo
Level 3

Hi.

Already using the updated version listed.

Still have issues with DMS.

But here's the update...

From Proseries 2023 to DMS... NO authorization allowed so can't use DMS!

From DMS to Proseries 2023... click on Proseries which brings up Proseries 2023 splash screen and login. Log into Proseries 2023. Pick any client and print to DMS! IT WORKS!

**bleep** Intuit techs are doing a 1/2 ash job in fixing the issue!