MrMojo
Level 3

It was a nightmare of a week dealing with ProSeries tech support.

Spoke with 5 different tech support reps and even higher up supervisors got involved, totaling >10 hours, using Glance Intuit.

NO One could figure out why there were issues with DMS; DMS download file said 23.1.0.0 but the Installed DMS showed 23.1.1.

Somewhat of a Resolution just moments ago.

Issue began Mon through Today, many reps, including supervisors, pointing the blame at me, esp. Rep 1. From Reps 2-4, had them remote in via Glance Intuit and they took screenshots of the entire process to resolve the issue, which was Not resolved.

Uninstall & reinstall Several times, checked RegEdit, reviewed Client Entitlement files/folders and no results. Rep 1 said anecdotally, one other customer said DMS worked for him and I was the one with the issue, so blaming me, similar to the supervisors later on with the other reps!

Moments ago, finished talking to Rep 5, who spoke with support team, as I got an email from Rep 4 stating that DMS wasn't licensed.

It appears there are Now Other customers who are calling in with DMS issues. Rep 5 said, on a taped line, that the higher up tech support team supervisors found out and ADMITTED, that DMS is in BETA mode, v23.1.1, and that a FINAL version is Estimated to be released in 2024, Jan.

DMS will work through ProSeries 2022 but won't necessarily work for ProSeries 2023, which is technically in Draft mode.

I did subscribe to DMS so they had to re-authorize the licensing to my account. Apparently, it was NOT Me with the issue, as many other customers are Now calling in similar issues, though I was the 1st one to notify them of the issue.

Hate being a Beta tester!

Worse, they double charged a portion of my invoice. They don't know why, but they'll issue a refund for that portion in 7~10 bus. days.

Feel vindicated now, but exhausted through the past week, with them blaming me for Their 'error' in releasing a Beta 2023 DMS.

Why is it even Beta? Why can't they make it work for the Draft 2023 ProSeries.

Time to relax and enjoy the holidays now.

Happy Holidays to All!