Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting client from Intuit Link

lstahl619
Level 1

In the "Common questions about Intuit Link" thread (Common questions about Intuit Link - Intuit Accountants Community), the last question says, "Is there a way to completely delete a client?" I followed the instructions by uninviting and deleting the client from the software. However, when I view Intuit Link client list, I can still see the client. In other words, the client is not hidden, per what the instructions said would happen. 

Can someone advise on what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbones
Level 5

When you enter into "Link", click on the settings icon in the upper right hand corner.  Once you do that, you will see a dropdown tool box.  Click on manage Clients under Firm.  This will show you all of your clients.  Search the client you want to "hide" and click on "Mark as Inactive" in the action column.  That client is now hidden and you will not see them on your client screen.

Hope this helps you out.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
lbones
Level 5

When you enter into "Link", click on the settings icon in the upper right hand corner.  Once you do that, you will see a dropdown tool box.  Click on manage Clients under Firm.  This will show you all of your clients.  Search the client you want to "hide" and click on "Mark as Inactive" in the action column.  That client is now hidden and you will not see them on your client screen.

Hope this helps you out.

lstahl619
Level 1

Thank you!

0 Cheers
treasur2
Level 3

but that does not delete the client. It only hides it. Is the inference that a client can't literally be deleted?

lbones
Level 5

You are correct that this just inactivates the client so they do not show up on your listing of active clients.  To the best of my knowledge, you cannot delete them or I have not found a way to delete.  Intuit Link still has a lot of improvements that can be implemented.

0 Cheers