Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daycare

riverarick
Level 1

I have a tax client that paid for daycare for her two children before they turned 13.  How do I overwrite the 2441 form so I can clainm the portion paid before the children turn 13.  The form is not letting me file 2441 becuase it picks up that the children was 13 at end of the year.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Unfortunately, I think the program often has difficulty with this situation.

Have you tried a direct override, by doing a RIGHT-click on the entry fields and selecting "override"?  Unfortunately, that might the best way to deal with it.

Doing overrides MIGHT required you to "disable error checking" when you e-file the tax return.  To do that, you need to e-file it from HomeBase (you can't do it when e-filing when the client file is open).

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Unfortunately, I think the program often has difficulty with this situation.

Have you tried a direct override, by doing a RIGHT-click on the entry fields and selecting "override"?  Unfortunately, that might the best way to deal with it.

Doing overrides MIGHT required you to "disable error checking" when you e-file the tax return.  To do that, you need to e-file it from HomeBase (you can't do it when e-filing when the client file is open).

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I didnt realize that PS picked up the dep age for dep care credit, Ive seen people complain in the past that credit was given when the child was over age.  Maybe they've attempted to fix that, but missed the mark.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
riverarick
Level 1

thank you

0 Cheers