Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming daycare for a child not claiming as a dependent

Amanda44
Level 3

I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly.  I have a client that has a child that she wants to claim daycare for but it's not her year to claim the child as a dependent.  She is the custodial parent.  I have tried a few ways and it keeps getting rejected.  I would appreciate some insight. TIA.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

whats the rejection, is it for the daycare?   If youve got the child listed with Code Q at the end of the dependent entry line, youre doing it right, sounds like the noncustodial parent may have taken all the benefits, rather than just the CTC they were entitled to.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Is the e-file being rejected, or is the program giving you an error?

Do you have the dependent listed in the program, and use code "Q" for the dependent?

Did your client give the noncustodial parent Form 8332?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

whats the rejection, is it for the daycare?   If youve got the child listed with Code Q at the end of the dependent entry line, youre doing it right, sounds like the noncustodial parent may have taken all the benefits, rather than just the CTC they were entitled to.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers