Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare to U.S. Averages

ChrisCPA1
Level 3
To Proseries... can you please change the default print settings on this report to "Always".  It never prints despite what settings are used.
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

Please don’t.  I have enough paper for shredding each week, I don’t need to add that report to the pile.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I agree with Iron Man. Please do not. Just going to be more paper ... I have never had one client ask for that, or inquire about that type of information, not one.

JEromanix
Level 3

I have the same problem.

If you have too many pages, you should select the forms you  print. from the "Control Which Forms to Print"  located in the Global Print Options Menu to reduce paper waste

I agree with ChrisCPA1, this is usually one of the reports that my clients always read.

Proseries please enable this form to "Always Print"

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You want it to print all of the time so that you aren't bothered by the fact that the print settings don't keep.  So to make 3% of its users happy, you want the rest of us to be stuck with print selections that don't work for diddly and always have a report that we have no interest in.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

Ditto what IRonMaN just said.

JEromanix
Level 3

Every year as soon as receive my Proseries, I set my "Forms to Print" and the "Print order"  in Client copy to reduce paper and to present to my clients the information I want them to see in the order I select.  Client letter, Tax and State summary, Privacy letter, Two year comparison, Tax History Report, Compare US Averages, MFJ vs MFS comp, Schedule E and C Two year comparison. Tax Planner worksheet.   In "Print with return" setting I select only Supporting Statement and client Copy.   I then I let proseries print the Rest of the Forms.

Since we have a Document Management System, we only print the Client copy, the returns are digitally saved, to the DMS

For the preparer copy, i let the program print everything since we never print that copy and we keep the digital file.

We have been using this tax program for 36 years, before it was intuit as a Network solution,

I has helped us to manage 400 very demanding, multiple state,  high paying clients between my enrolled agent Wife and me also EA, we use one part time employee. 

We have been efiling since 1987, went paperless in 1990, and since then we only keep the required hard copies  the Forms.

Maybe this explains why the Compare US Averages is so valuable to us and our clients

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I has helped us to manage 400 very demanding, multiple state, high paying clients"

Then you won't mind taking the extra couple of minutes to get it to print.  Most of the folks using the software don't have that same client base.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@JEromanix come on man... Never had one client ever ask for this, not one.. And for your information, not bragging, but I have prepared returns for multi multi-millionaires over the years and never once did one ever ask for the information on this report. Never once. Also I just printed out a return, and I changed the "control which forms to print" settings for forms that I wanted to print, and had absolutely no problem with any of the forms. I would venture to bet the vast majority of tax preparers using Intuit are in the same boat as me, and do not want this. Have a nice day. Just my opinion.

JEromanix
Level 3

That is the beauty of this program, that I will fit you and your practice by allowing to fit your practice.

My other favorite tool is the facility to export data from your client base, I have used this feature for many years to export your Client data file into excel Worksheets.

This year it has changes to Ass/Edit Custom Views,  I hope you can still select the data you need instead of the Intuit "Query."  I don't use this part until Mid March to create list of the clients completed, in process and who has not shown, to allow me to email them that if we do not receive their info before March 30th, they will automatically go on Extension

0 Cheers
JEromanix
Level 3

You are assuming that every preparer is the same as you! 

While we have the same "destination" we use the program as a vehicle for our firms and our clients

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Aren’t you making that same assumption?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I think I have a good pulse for what the average tax preparer is like on this forum, and I believe the vast majority have beliefs and practices similar to mine. I checked your prior posts, and you only have 19 posts in over 2 years.