Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clicking box on W-2G box for address produces a "foreign address included" Only came up twice on 8 entries

Barby
Level 2

I entered 8 W-2G gambling winnings.  then I clicked the box that said Transfer information from the federal information worksheet.  On only TWO of the 8 boxes I got an error message that said "both foreign and domestic elements are present".  Help!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

you have to enter gambling winnings on Schedule D now.. just kidding.. skip the first column on the W-2 G worksheet and enter your info in the second column

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

you have to enter gambling winnings on Schedule D now.. just kidding.. skip the first column on the W-2 G worksheet and enter your info in the second column

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's odd that nobody else has posted about this issue or that ProSeries hasn't issued an alert about it.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

yes.. I cannot believe nobody brought this up before.. last I checked there were over 60,000 ProSeries customers and one would think that someone would have had this same issue.

sjrcpa
Level 15

sjrcpa_0-1709592695421.png

Ex-AllStar
shatcher
Level 2

I have the same issue on Proseries Professional - the first address on each copy of the W-2g worksheet has this error.  One would think the software would be updated to correct this error!

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I like using the second column.. kind of cool

0 Cheers
Taxxldy
Level 2

I've had the W-2G problem too!  The reason nobody is responding is that we are all too busy and are hoping it will correct itself with an update--C'mon Pro Series, get with it!

0 Cheers