Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity in Processing Extensions

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

For the suggestion box:

The number of buttons to click to set-up and file a state extension, together with its respective payment, is excessive.  Multiply this by 10 extensions for one taxpayer and it becomes overbearing.  I realize it is, in actuality, a complicated process and your error check schema does its best.  However, the information and requirements are so far flung in the program that it is extremely time consuming to get it right every time.  [If you only have to deal with one state, it's not an issue.]

Can you please review the program and attempt - as best possible - to centrally locate (or summarize) all required information for the complete processing of an extension, including its payment and method of payment, and enhance the clarity in the EF Center as to exactly what extension is being filed, how much is being paid and the method of payment (apart from the return itself)?  If one of your developers sat down and accumulated all the data required for filing the extensions (including approvals) for a return with three or four states, and then attempted to standardize/organize all of that data into a table, my guess is you see a clear pattern of what the preparer needs to see all in one place.  Migrating/summarizing  that information in one place in the program would be extremely helpful (i.e., provide a lot of clarity and dramatically improve efficiency).

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I agree, CA state is alot of clicks and bouncing around to get the extension and payment to go.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers