Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Print Order

goflo-overflow
Level 2

ProSeries Professional: I've changed my print order for client/preparer copies to move closely match how the 1040 is laid out but the 8829 and 4562 are printing out up front ahead of everything else.  Further, I can't seem to locate these forms in the 'change print order' lists to even try and change where they print.  Also, I can't seem to get the "Depreciation Reports - All Assets" to print.  What am I doing wrong?  And, is ProSeries aware that there are printing issues?

6 Comments 6
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I kinda brought it up a week ago that 4562 and related forms were printing out of order for the preparer copy.  I was kinda ridiculed as to why I printed so many different copies so I did not pursue further.  Mine is just the preparer copy that is out of order.  And I never noticed that all assets did not print.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I have the same issue.....and I too, print a lot of copies.... The peeps that buy my practice can live in the 'cloud', but i'll just remain the same.

And it does it on the "client copy" and 'preparer copy" in my program.

I'm not a 'coder or programmer', but I've been a user since the 90s.  Why would you need to tamper with something on those forms, for the first time in decades, to change print order?

@IntuitGabi   this is a substantial issue for people that still print returns.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Mine is only on the preparer copy whenever there is a 4562 in return.  A coyote once told me why am I printing so may pages so I lost interest in the fight.  Although my secretary with her OCD is pushing me to get it corrected so she does not have to sort thru and put pages in proper order.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

so,,,, printing a client with a partnership K-1 input....and  Schedule K-1 Wks Partnership IS THE FIRST FORM that prints on the preparer copy.....didn't on the client copy, but i may have it marked Never Print for the client copy.

@IntuitGabi     this toooooo.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
DavidC
Level 2

It does this on all file types for me.

I do change the print order and when I restored the order it did correct it to the default order.

The problem with that is that I don't want that order for preparer or client copies.

I hope they fix this asap.

DavidC
Level 2

Anyone see any progress on this issue this week.

I am getting tired on Intuits complete lack of response and their very late release dates on some forms.